The Gig Harbor Arts Commission is sponsoring the artistic carving and/or embellishment of selected tree snags tin Grandview Forest Park.
Application deadline: October 11, 2021 **Must be received by 4:30pm
Project completion deadline: December 13, 2021
This application refers to the two snags located at 3510 Grandview Street, Gig Harbor 98335 (see application package) Inside Grandview Forest Park, near the public restroom building and HAA Site #1
The Gig Harbor Arts Commission is sponsoring the artistic carving and/or embellishment of select tree snags throughout the city. A “snag” is the term for a dead tree or a tree that has been cut down to a safe height and left to decay naturally. Most of the trees selected for this project will have been affected by laminated root rot, making the condition of the tree and the longevity of the art unknown.
- The total budget is not to exceed $5,500.
- All artistic themes are welcome for consideration, but final selection and approvals are at the discretion of the Arts Commission and the City Council.
- Art materials must be eco-friendly, free of toxins, varnish or other preservatives.
- Political, religious or potentially offensive themes will not be considered.
- The snag will remain permanently rooted in place, unless the City agrees its relocation is essential to the success of the project or artist’s vision.
- Artist is responsible for providing all materials.
- All successful artist(s) shall enter into a contract with the City, which at minimum will require general commercial liability insurance.
Submit the completed application and a minimum of three (3) examples (photos) of your work and/or a concept sketch of the proposed idea.
To submit digitally – complete application and email with samples to: JStecker@gigharborwa.gov
NOTE: Please call to confirm receipt: 253-853-7613
To submit by mail – complete application and mail with samples to:
City of Gig Harbor Arts Commission
Attn: Josh Stecker
3510 Grandview Street
Gig Harbor WA 98335