The City of Gig Harbor Tourism Department is pleased to announce the return of the much-loved summer series of concerts and movies at Skansie Brothers Park for 2021. Due to state guidelines, both series were unable to occur in 2020, and both are well-loved and eagerly awaited throughout the community.
Both events, Summer Sounds at Skansie and Friday Night Movies in the Park, are presented at downtown’s Skansie Brothers Park, set along the waterfront in the shadow of Mount Rainier.
Summer Sounds at Skansie
The City of Gig Harbor brings live music to the beautiful waterfront outdoor concert venue – arrive by land or by boat – at Skansie Brothers Park in downtown Gig Harbor 6:30 – 8:00 p.m. on Tuesdays in the summer. Enjoy a free music festival featuring music from rocking dance tunes to country favorites.
- RE-OPENING POP-UP CONCERT! July 2 – Redemption, a high-energy show, this band plays favorite country tunes old and new. Facebook.com/ghredemption
- July 13 – Surf Wax Americans is a cover band styled after Weezer facebook.com/surfwaxamericans
- July 20 – Sweet T & Justice is a five-piece Americana & Blues band perform both cover songs and original music. sweettandjustice.com
- July 27 – Mark Hurwitz and Gin Creek is a two-time nominee for Best Band by the Washington Blues Society. Their style includes a variety of blues, as well as roots rock, New Orleans funk, and soul. facebook.com/gincreekband
- August 3 –Sounds Like Dolores – the quintessential party band plays a diverse song list of energetic rock, pop, and country dance music from the 80s, 90s and 2000’s. facebook.com/SoundsLikeDolores
- August 10 –The Beatniks - a beloved favorite, Gig Harbor’s own Beatniks perform 60s, 70s and 80s music with unparalleled energy and passion. thebeatniks.com
- August 17 – Flock of Beagles – play everyone’s favorite "comfort music" to sing along with. Think The Beatles and Eagles (Beatles + Eagles = Beagles), Steely Dan, Jimmy Buffett and more. Facebook.com/beagleflock
- August 24 – The Paperboys – a freewheeling blend of influences from Celtic and bluegrass, to Mexican son jarocho, brass bands, and Canadian roots influence this band, they’ve been called everything from Cajun slamgrass to worldbeat. Paperboys.com
- August 31 – Nate Botsford - Country recording artist Nate Botsford and band bring the party with recognizable hits that span genres and original songs. natebotsfordmusic.com
Friday Night Movies in the Park
The Friday Night Movie Series presents well-loved favorites for all ages, presented at 8:30p to the end of the film, with Kitsap Bank providing popcorn.
- July 16 – Honey, I Shrunk the Kids - the 1989 classic film offers a charming, high-spirited sense of adventure for the whole family. Rated PG, 1 hr 30 minutes.
- July 23 – Grease – We welcome a sing-a-long! Grease is a pleasing, energetic musical with infectiously catchy songs and an ode to young love that never gets old. Rated PG, 1 hr 50 minutes.
- July 30 – Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark - with sly humor and white-knuckle action, one of the most entertaining adventure pictures of all time. Rated PG, 1 hr 55 minutes.
- August 6 – Moana - A newer Disney favorite, with family-friendly adventure for all ages. Rated G, 1 hr 53 minutes.
- August 13 – A League of Their Own – “there’s no crying in baseball!” Sports and nostalgia mix in this classic. Rated PG, 2 hrs, 6 minutes.
- August 27 – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off – “life moves fast.” This ultra-classic about cutting class, being young and having fun is suited to all ages. Rated PG-13, 1 hr 43 minutes.
Chairs can be set up after 3:00 p.m. on the day of the event, in order to keep the park open for use during the day. Roping off seats and chairs/blankets on the Jerisich Dock Viewing Platform is not permitted. No tents or canopies are allowed, but small umbrellas can be used – we ask that all attendees please be respectful of their neighbors. All Gig Harbor parks are smoke, vape and alcohol-free.
Pack a picnic or order delivery from favorite downtown eateries, returning for 2021 is the popular restaurant delivery service to the park, with details to follow.