Fill out your Juror Qualification Form online here:
Your name is selected at random from voter registration and driver's license and "identicard" records. You are chosen because you are eligible and able to serve. You become part of the "jury pool" - a group of citizens from which trial juries are chosen.
To be eligible for jury service, you must be at least 18 years of age, a citizen of the United States, a resident of the county in which you are to serve as a juror, and you must be able to communicate in English. If you have ever been convicted of a felony, you must have had your civil rights restored.
Responding to Your Summons
RCW 2.36.170 states, "A person summoned for jury service who intentionally fails to appear as directed shall be guilty of a misdemeanor." Please respond to your summons. The justice system in Washington State cannot function without citizens willing to serve on jury duty.
If you have been summoned, you can fill out your Juror Qualification Form online here: Juror Qualification Form
RCW 2.36.150 specifies that jurors may receive up to $25 but in no case less than $10 for each day's attendance. Most Washington State counties pay $10 per day. Jurors are also eligible for mileage reimbursement.
- Trial is usually one day only but may carry over into a second day in some cases. Be prepared to stay for two days.
- Record your mileage for reimbursement. Upon check-in you must present photo identification.
- All questions or concerns about availability to serve must be made in writing immediately upon receipt of this subpoena.
- Be prepared to stay all day: Lunch, breaks, and waiting. Jurors will be on their own for lunch unless in deliberations.
- The court may not discriminate due to any disability. Should you need special accommodations please contact the court immediately upon receipt of your subpoena.
- Failure to appear for jury duty is a misdemeanor offense pursuant to RCW 2.36.1780.1.
Jury Service Public Service Announcement
English version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X3dyEY7rnQ&feature=youtu.be
Spanish version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Z7TUQ_URtc&feature=youtu.be