- Advisory Boards
- Design Review Board
Design Review Board
The Design Review Board meets at 5:00 p.m. on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month.
Minutes & Recordings
The City of Gig Harbor maintains minutes of the official proceedings in which city business is conducted. The recordings and action minutes are posted and available to the public as soon as possible.
Minutes and Recordings (2021-Present)
Minutes and Recordings (2014-2020)
Minutes and Recordings (2008-2014)
Thu Jun. 22
Thu Jul. 13
Thu Jul. 27
- Brianne Blackburn
- Darrin Filand, Chair
- Jon Ashlock, Vice Chair
- Marlene Druker
- Larry Bradbury
- Amy Wheeler
- Guy Hoppen
- Cindy Andrews, Staff
Volunteer members of the DRB may live outside city limits. Members serve three-year terms. Members shall be selected by the City Council from at least four of the following categories:
- A licensed architect or professional building designer with demonstrated experience in urban or historic building design (at least one member shall be selected from this category);
- A city resident with demonstrated interest and knowledge of urban design (no more than one member shall be selected from this category);
- A member from the Gig Harbor planning commission (no more than one member shall be selected from this category);
- A member with a professional background relating to urban design (e.g., a professional artist, a civil engineer, planner, building contractor or professional designer) as determined by the city council;
- A member with demonstrated interest and knowledge of landscaping, horticulture, arboriculture or forestry;
- An individual with a background in identifying, evaluating and protecting historic resources, selected from among the disciplines of architecture, history, architectural history, planning, prehistoric and historic archaeology, folklore, cultural anthropology, curation, conservation or landscape architecture, or related disciplines. (At least two members should be selected from this category.) Members in this category may participate in all applications reviewed by the DRB pursuant to Chapter 17.99 GHMC (Design Manual), but shall participate in applications received pursuant to Chapter 17.97GHMC (Historic Preservation).
The DRB is charged with the interpretation, review and implementation of the City’s Design Manual. The DRB also acts on behalf of the State Department of Archaeology and Historic Preservation (DAHP) to review properties that apply for listing on the City’s Register of Historic Places.
View the Gig Harbor Municipal Code (GHMC) Title 2.21 and Title 17.98.055 for more information on the Board’s review and recommendation authority.
Access the design review process and requirements.