Located at 4118 Rosedale Street NW, this 17.74 acre natural area park was acquired in 2001. Officially named Helen Independence Wilkinson Farm City Park, it remains a tangible link to Gig Harbor's agrarian past, and exemplifies the hardy perseverance of one pioneer family. In 2008 the Wilkinson Barn was added to the Washington State's list of historic barns.
The Wilkinson Barn was started in 1914. In October 2001, the City of Gig Harbor purchased the site that includes a 2-story craftsman farmhouse, the well preserved gambrel roof dairy barn, three original outbuildings, a holly orchard, meadows and a large wetlands set against a steep wooded hillside.