Downtown Visioning Committee
On February 13, 2012, Mayor Hunter recommended that the City undertake a number of steps affecting the Downtown area. These steps include:
- Preparation and adoption of a Downtown Historic Inventory and Characterization Report (May 2012) based on the 2009 Inventory.
- Formation of a Downtown Planning and Vision Committee (Feb-Nov 2012).
- Planning Commission review of quick, common sense code amendments affecting our Downtown (May-Dec 2012).
- Use public input from the Downtown Planning and Vision Committee to develop Vision Statement for downtown (Summer 2012).
- Develop comprehensive plan and zoning code amendments that implement the adopted Vision Statement (2013 & 2014).
The Downtown Planning and Vision Committee includes:
- Jill Guernsey - Councilmember (Committee Chair)
- Paul Kadzik - Councilmember
- Ken Malich - Councilmember
- Jennifer Kester - Planner Director
- Lindsey Sehmel - Senior Planner
- Harris Atkins - Planning Commissioner
- David Fisher - Design Review Board Member
- Lita Dawn Stanton - Historic Preservation Coordinator
Councilmember Guernsey and Lita Dawn Stanton conducted interviews with local residents, business owners, merchants, developers, and visitors to gather information that was used by the Committee to formalize a "Vision" for the downtown. The forms below were used to gather input.
The proposed schedule (below) began in February of 2012.