OUTDOOR GALLERY INFO
A new venue for public art in Gig Harbor.
The Arts Commission invites Artists to submit proposals for bronze sculptures or other durable outdoor art for display within City limits for a period of two years beginning fall 2013. The sculpture exhibit is intended to integrate art into the daily lives of local residents and visitors by presenting works from locally and regionally acclaimed artists. The CALL FOR ARTISTS application forms are posted below. (Go to 2013-15 OUTDOOR GALLERY to see more.) PROPOSAL DEADLINE: Friday, September 6, 2013
The location of 2 pedestals along Harborview Drive between Soundview and Pioneer are pictured below.
- Call for Artists and Entry Form
- Exhibition Policies and Procedures
- Exhibit Agreement (see page 2 of Exhibition Policies and Procedures above)
Special thanks to Project Sponsors:
- Morrison Gravel, Inc. -- Pedestal Sponsor
- Threshold Group -- Pedestal Sponsor
- Brady's Portable Welding -- Welding ServicesGig Harbor Historic Waterfront Association -- Donated Funds
The Program Description (below) was approved by the Operations Committee and City Council in 2011. The Arts Commission continues its work to solicit donations to fund the fabrication of additional pedestals for the OutDoor Gallery Program. Anyone interested in sponsoring the purchase and placement of a granite or basalt pedestal or if you'd like to help, please contact Lita Dawn Stanton at (253) 853-7609.