Active Planning Projects
Welcome to the Active Projects page for the Planning Department. Below you will find information on current land use permits for construction projects and information on our long-range planning activities.
Land use permit information for projects that require subdivisions, site plan review, design review, DRB review, variances, etc.
- Current Project List (a table of active permits currently being reviewed by planners)
- Public Permit Portal (click here if you know a permit number and want specific details on the permit. You will be directed to the Online Permit Center for the City.)
- Public Notices (Notices of Application, Notice of Public Hearings, Notice of Public Meetings)
- FAQS (frequently asked questions about land use permitting)
- Assistance Memos (Client assistance memos on typical planning permits and regulations)
The Ben B. Cheney Foundation and Neil Walter Company are proposing a Development Agreement per the provisions of the Gig Harbor Municipal Code to allow the One Harbor Point residential development at the intersection of Harborview and Soundview Drives in Gig Harbor, Washington. Three separate sites are associated with the proposal. These include the triangular-shaped upland parcel, the waterfront parcel currently developed with the Green Turtle Restaurant, and the Boat Barn parcel abutting it on the north.
Long Range Planning
The development of appropriate land use regulations and amendments to the Comprehensive Plan.
2017 Annual Comprehensive Plan Amendments
The Growth Management Act (GMA) authorizes the City to amend the Comprehensive Plan on an annual basis. The City Council on February 13, 2017 moved one city initiated application forward for consideration. This application includes amendments for the upcoming work to the Transportation Element, the Non-Motorized Transportation Plan, data and text updates relating to the Pierce County Small Cities Growth Reallocation work and other small scale changes for consistency throughout.
The City is holding an open house on April 6, 2017 to initiate public outreach on the upcoming sign code update. the meeting in April will focus on temporary signs in the public right-of-way. This project website will have regular updates as the project moves forward.
Under Ordinance No. 1323 the City of Gig Harbor enacted a ban on all Marijuana Related Uses.