Active Planning Projects
Welcome to the Active Projects page for the Planning Department. Below you will find information on current land use permits for construction projects and information on our long-range planning activities.
Land use permit information for projects that require subdivisions, site plan review, design review, DRB review, variances, etc.
- Current Project List (a table of active permits currently being reviewed by planners)
- Public Permit Portal (click here if you know a permit number and want specific details on the permit. You will be directed to the Online Permit Center for the City.)
- Public Notices (Notices of Application, Notice of Public Hearings, Notice of Public Meetings)
- FAQS (frequently asked questions about land use permitting)
- Assistance Memos (Client assistance memos on typical planning permits and regulations)
Long Range Planning
The development of appropriate land use regulations and amendments to the Comprehensive Plan.
The Planning Commission has made initial considerations for amendments to the Zones and Uses of The Harbor. These proposals are for consideration at the May 19th Open House and Public Hearing, you can review the proposals on the project website.
The Planning Commission held a public hearing scheduled on February 18, 2016 at 6pm to solicit community feedback on a city-sponsored zoning code text amendment. Please see project page for more details.
The Growth Management Act (GMA) authorizes the City to amend the Comprehensive Plan on an annual basis. The City Council on January 25th, 2016 moved three applications forward for the Planning Commission consideration.
Under Ordinance No. 1323 the City of Gig Harbor enacted a ban on all Marijuana Related Uses.