Active Planning Projects
Welcome to the Active Projects page for the Planning Department. Below you will find information on current land use permits for construction projects and information on our long-range planning activities.
Land use permit information for projects that require subdivisions, site plan review, design review, DRB review, variances, etc.
- Current Project List (a table of active permits currently being reviewed by planners)
- Permit Information (click here if you know a permit number and want specific details on the permit. You will be directed to the Online Permit Center for the City.)
- Public Notices (Notices of Application, Notice of Public Hearings, Notice of Public Meetings)
- FAQS (frequently asked questions about land use permitting)
- Assistance Memos (Client assistance memos on typical planning permits and regulations)
Long Range Planning
The development of appropriate land use regulations and amendments to the Comprehensive Plan.
Gig Harbor 2030 -- Periodic Comprehensive Plan Review
The Growth Management Act (GMA) requires the City to amend the Comprehensive Plan every 8 years.
The City of Gig Harbor enacted a 12 month moratorium on all marijuana related uses during September 2014.