Resources for Individuals & Families
On March 23rd, the City suspended all interest and late fees on delinquent payments for water and sewer services provided by the City. Residents will not be charged late fees or interest on missed payments until 6 months after the City’s Declaration of Emergency has been rescinded.
This page is a list of resources for people experiencing financial hardship during the COVID-19 outbreak:
- Pierce County, in partnership with Child Care Resources, is offering financial assistance for child care. Apply by calling or texting the Child Care Aware of Washington Family Center at 1-800-446-1114 Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. View the program flyer.
- Peninsula School District’s Meal Distribution
- Pierce Transit is offering free rides to essential workers who can’t get to work due to reduced transit service.
- Tacoma Public Utilities Emergency Assistance Program—$250 utility credit for eligible single-family households.
- Pierce County’s Energy Assistance Program.
- Puget Sound Energy’s COVID-19 response.
- Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is implementing a Disaster Cash Assistance Program for qualified residents.
- Washington State Employment Security Department—Programs designed to help individuals and employers affected by COVID-19. Check here for questions about unemployment insurance benefits.
- Washington State Department of Labor and Industries—Information and guidance on the state’s paid sick leave laws related to COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Worker Assistance & Recently Unemployed Resource Guide from Rep. Derek Kilmer
- Connect with local farmers at www.piercecountyfresh.org
Resources for Senior Citizens:
- Senior Citizen sack lunch pick-up at Peninsula Lutheran Church on Monday & Wednesday. Call Ginger at 253.474.1200 to reserve a week in advance. $3.50 suggested donation.
- Greater Gig Harbor Foundation’s Senior Citizen Shelter-in-Place Meal Program. SIP’M meals are free and delivered to your door each Friday until further notice. Place your order today: 253.514.6338, ext. 7 OR EMAIL.
- Buddy Connection Program - For those wanting to reduce isolation and make a new friend, contact Heidi Henson of the Greater Gig Harbor Foundation for more information.